To insure the best for your fly rod and the lifetime use of it, a few guidelines to rod care can keep your rod in excellent condition for years.
- Three and four piece rods should be assembled tip pieces first.
- Ferrules should be put together loosely first.
- After lining up the guides, push the pieces together snugly.
- Practice to be sure you get the sections tightly together.
- Spigot ferrules (as on Steffen Brothers Fly Rods ) should have a gap of approximately 1/8" to 1/4" between rod sections. This prevents the section from rubbing against each other and allows for future wear.
- Take your fly rod apart by holding the sections close to the ferrule, pull and twist the bottom section.
- Store and transport your fly rod in its rod bag and tube.
- If your rod or rod bag becomes wet, be sure they are completely dry before leaving them in the storage tube for any length of time.